Skip to content
You are viewing our archive | Visit our website

Tags: "Bennett"

The following items in the Mickleton Community Archive have been tagged with your chosen keyword.

  • Black & white cottages on High Street.

    The cottage on the left was demolished in about the late 1960s. Miss Emma Bennett, a dressmaker, lived in it during the 1950s. This image appears, originally, to have been on a postcard.
  • Cattle grazing in Cedar Road

    This photograph was taken in c. 1959. No. 27 Cedar Road was the last house at that time with only fields next to it. The children are, back row, Linda Bennett and Christine Faulkner with, front row, Susan Faulkner and Shirley Bennett. The Faulkner family lived at 25 Cedar Road, the Bennetts at no. 27. Granbrook Road [now Lane] can be seen in the background.
  • Dancing at the King's Arms

    A barn dance was just one of a range of community activities arranged by the Mickleton Community Archive in August, 2013. Seen here are Phyllis Bennett (facing camera) and Anne Gardiner.
  • Dancing at the King's Arms

    A barn dance was just one of a range of community activities arranged by the Mickleton Community Archive in August, 2013. The people in the foreground are: Barry Metcalfe, Phyllis Bennett, Max Fawcett, Mairie Phillipson, Anne Metcalfe, Anne Gardiner, unknown girl, Sandra Fawcett.
  • Dancing in the gardens at the King's Arms

    A barn dance was just one of a range of community activities arranged by the Mickleton Community Archive in August, 2013. Seen here are; from left to right: Barry Metcalfe, Anne Gardiner, ?, Anne Metcalfe, Phyllis Bennett, ?, ?, ?
  • Garage Staff in the early 1950s

    From L-R: Rowland Bennett, Aubrey Harper, Margaret Hutchinson nee Kinchin, Graham [Tracker] Mills, Ted [Chippy] Davis.

    The owner at this time was Mr Rosamund.

  • Members of Mickleton Ladies Hockey Club, 1954

    From L-R: Ann Higgins, Doreen Wright, Elizabeth Smith [Podge], Kate [Kathleen] Bennett, Dorothy Bennett, Dorothy Birt, Denise ?, Margaret Woodfield.
  • Mickleton Girls, 1918

    Standing on left is Ethel Collett, seated on right is her older sister, Florence [later Mrs Jack Bennett]. The other two are probably Cowley sisters, possibly Annie Beatrice and Alice Rosina. The Cowleys lived at the Milking Pail and the Collet family next door at Hidcote Cottage. Written on the reverse of the photograph [produced as a postcard] is ' To Mother. With best love from Flo and Ethel 1918'. The Collett girls were both in service in Solihull at that time.
  • Mickleton School girl's netball team, 1977

    Teacher [?] is Miss Bennett.
  • Netball Team and Miss Bennett, 1977

    Identified as, from L-R:

    Back row:  ?, ? Moss, Miss Bennett, Denie Hopkins, Ann Rogers. 

    Front row: ? Phillipson, Tracy Moore, ?.

  • Six-a-Side Cricket Team.

    From L-R: Richard Taylor, Ron Kibblewhite, Percy Lynes (holding cup), Les Barnes, Rowland Bennett, Simon Jones. The team had won the competition at Quinton and were photographed at Mickleton before taking part in an Over 30s v. Under 30s match.
  • The Garage on the High Street, early 1950s

    At this time the garage owner was a Mr Rosamund. The man on the forecourt is Rowland Bennett.
  • Tudor House

    Taken from an old postcard posted in Mickleton in January 1938. The cottage on the right was the home of dressmaker, Miss Emma Bennett in the 1950s. It has since been demolished.
  • Tudor View

    The house stood on the High Street, opposite Tudor House. In the 1950s it was occupied by Miss Bennett who was a talented dressmaker. It was demolished in ? and replaced by Tudor View Cottages.
Popular keywords
View all

Strict Standards: Declaration of Extra_Thumbnails_Image::createImage() should be compatible with Omeka_File_Derivative_Image::createImage($old_path, $constraint, $type = NULL) in /home/catmickl/public_html/plugins/ExtraThumbnails/Extra_Thumbnails_Image.php on line 105