Skip to content
You are viewing our archive | Visit our website

Tags: "Chapel Lane"

The following items in the Mickleton Community Archive have been tagged with your chosen keyword.

  • Mickleton Primary School

    Temporary Classrooms at Mickleton Primary School
  • Audrey Heap's Memorial Seat

    Seat outside the Methodist Chapel dedicated to Audrey Heap, who died in 2007 at the age of 99. She had been a member of the Chapel's Women's Fellowship for many years.
  • Bus Shelter - a history

    At the junction of High Street and Chapel Lane, against wall of Three Ways Hotel.

    Camera facing N.

    Built November 1950 - January 1951.  Stone walls.  Hipped roof, Cotswold stone under stone ridge.  Open front under oak lintel.  Inside is a wooden seat round three sides.

    Architect: Pemberton and Bateman, Chipping Campden.

    Builder: Geo Brotheridge and Co Ltd, Chipping Campden.

    Given to the village by Mr Joseph Webb in memory of his father.  A well designed, well built shelter.  Originally proposed site on Three Ways triangle refused by the police and the surveyor as it would 'obscure the view'.  Unobtrusively sited against stone wall.

  • Butcher's Arms - a history

    W side of Chapel Lane, opposite King George's Hall.

    Camera facing W.

    Original building on RHS, half-timbered with brick in-filling.  Brick built extension (after 1840) at front cuts off part of old roof.  Roof all tiled now though old part probably thatched originally.  Dormer in back wing.  2s.  Windows 3-light with side hung casement at centre under brick arch.

  • Butcher's Arms - Skittle Alley

    Between back of Butcher's Arms and Back Lane.

    Camera facing E.

    Brick built.  Corrugated roof, but space under chimney suggests that there was originally thatch.  1s.

    This used to be the only hall for village use before King George's Hall was built in 1911 and dances were held there.  Now used as a skittle alley.

  • Chapel Cottage - a history

    S side of Chapel Lane, next to Methodist Hall.

    Camera facing E.

    Date not known.  Formerly 2 cottages.  Timber with brick in-filling.  Probably thatched originally, now tiled.  3 dormers at front and one at back above eaves line.  2 s[torey].  Windows, some original 2-light wrought iron frames, one side-hung, one fixed, small panes but dormer windows have diamond lattice panes.  1 chimney in end wall remains after alterations.

    At one time these cottages belonged to John Taylor, a Trustee of the Chapel, and the proceeds of their sale were left for Chapel purposes.

  • Chapel Lane

    Image has Chapel Street.
  • Chelsea House - a history

    W side of Chapel Lane, opposite Mill Bank.

    Camera facing NW.

    Rubble to top of ground floor windows (at this level there is an exposed beam in the RHS and wall).  Upper store rendered.  Slate roof.  It can be seen inside that the roof has been raised and appearance from Mill Bank certainly suggests that it was once single storey, one or more cottages, probably thatched.  2s.  2- 3- and 4-light mullions on ground floor.  Upper windows modern.

    There is a cottage in the garden which used to be a baker's where some Sunday dinners were taken to be cooked.

  • Children Enjoying Food at a Street Party

    Held in Chapel Lane as part of the village celebration of the Queen's Silver Jubilee. Facing the camera are Kevin and Clive Brooker.
  • Children Enjoying the Street Party

    Held in Chapel Lane as part of the village celebration of the Queen's Silver Jubilee.
  • Cottages at Tadpole

    Two cottages standing at the junction of Tadpole, Gloucester Lane, Broad Marston Lane and Chapel Lane. Cotswold Edge can be seen in the distance.
Popular keywords
View all

Strict Standards: Declaration of Extra_Thumbnails_Image::createImage() should be compatible with Omeka_File_Derivative_Image::createImage($old_path, $constraint, $type = NULL) in /home/catmickl/public_html/plugins/ExtraThumbnails/Extra_Thumbnails_Image.php on line 105