Skip to content
You are viewing our archive | Visit our website

Tags: "Cox"

The following items in the Mickleton Community Archive have been tagged with your chosen keyword.

  • Class 2 School Group Photograph, 1989

    Teacher: Elaine Shewan

    Pupils - from L-R:

    Front row: Kerri Agar, Camilla Bird, Claire Coldicott, Lucille Courtney, Hayley Vickers, Kim Butson, Ana-Maria Seijas, Hayley Strangwood

    Middle row: Michael Cox, Thomas Knight, Luke Gibbard, Claire Turner, Zoe Eve, Brett Butterworth, Nicholas Ford, Paul Bellew

    Back row: Wesley Maull, David Mooney, Marc Stephens, Justin Wasley, James Westerlund, Philip Titmus, James Neale

  • Class 2 School Group Photograph, 1990

    The class teacher, Elaine Shewan, was not included in this photo. 

    Pupils - from L-R:

    Front row: Hayley Strangwood, Camilla Bird, Claire Coldicott, Zoe Eve, Lucille Courtney, Claire Turner, Kim Butson, Kerri Agar, Ana-Maria Seijas

    Middle row: Michael Cox, Thomas Knight, Peter Austin, Helen Ford, Laura McCaull, Luke Gibbard, Wesley Maull, Paul Bellew

    Back Row: James Neale, David Mooney, Justin Wasley, James Westerlund, Philip Titmus, Brett Butterworth, Scott Hales

  • Class 2 School Group Photograph, 1993

    Teachers: Mr J. Reay (Headteacher) on left; Mrs Elaine Shewan (class teacher) on right

    Pupils - from L-R:

    Front row: Louise James, Tracey Harris, Anneka Reay, Cerian Gingell, Sian Lewis

    Middle row: Henry Bird, Timothy Cox, Michael Crowther, Jonathan Neale

    Back row: Charles Grinnall, James Butson, Charlie Stanley, Thomas Walby, David Bridges

  • Junior Playing Fields

    A new slide installed in the junior plaing field in Back Lane. The photo shows (L-R) Anne Cox, Bernard & Anne Stowe, Dennis Hall, Wally Brain, Margaret Harris and Peregrine Pollen [Trustee] along with some happy children.

  • The Post Office - a history

    N side of High Street, opposite King's Arms car park.

    ?Victorian.  Brick, chequerboard.  Roof, slate.  2 gabled dormers, windows across eaves line, on on LHS below eaves line.  3 - and 2 - storey.  Sash windows above shop bays.

    Original date uncertain because it is described in the Tithe Award 1837 as cottage and garden exempt from tithes.  In account books for 1850's Alonzo George Cox, who had a tailor's and general shop there, has a note in his fine copper plate of the number of bricks delivered to him on several occasions, bricks of two different batches, and it therefore seems that he may have done some additional building or re-facing to an older building.

    There seems to have been little new building in Mickleton after the early 1850's, (when the influx of railway workers building the Tunnel for the Oxford, Worcester and Wolverhampton Railway must have brought some little prosperity to the shopkeepers), until much later in the century when market gardening began.  Farming suffered some lean years and times were hard.  One of those who left the village to seek work in Birmingham, prospered and returned to build the substantial house - Elder Villa.

Popular keywords
View all

Strict Standards: Declaration of Extra_Thumbnails_Image::createImage() should be compatible with Omeka_File_Derivative_Image::createImage($old_path, $constraint, $type = NULL) in /home/catmickl/public_html/plugins/ExtraThumbnails/Extra_Thumbnails_Image.php on line 105