Skip to content
You are viewing our archive | Visit our website

Tags: "Kiftsgate"

The following items in the Mickleton Community Archive have been tagged with your chosen keyword.

  • Alveston House - a history

    N side of High Street, next to Mickleton Garage, camera facing W.

    West side wall and front wall of stone, all other walls brick.  Cotswold stone roof, 2s. Bay windows downstairs, sash windows upstairs, centre window blocked with stone. Extensive outbuildings at back.

    In 1890's Wm Lissaman Jnr had a 'steam joinery and moulding mills' there. (He was employed to finish the building of Kiftsgate Court. See Story of Our Village, Mickleton Women's Institute, 1961, p18.) It seems likely that extensive alterations were carried out by him on this house which appears to have been a small farmhouse with land, or orchard, around it well before his time.

  • Felled elm trees in Kiftsgate Park, 1977

    St Lawrence's Church can be seen in the background.
  • Kiftsgate Court

    Taken shortly after it was built between 1887 and 1891 by Sydney Graves Hamilton. The house is situated at the top of Glyde Hill and is now famous for its gardens. The portico is clearly visible and was part of the 18th Century wing moved from Mickleton Manor.
  • Kiftsgate Court

    View of the house taken from further down Glyde Hill.
  • Kiftsgate Court

    Image is taken from an unsed postcard of Kiftsgate. The impressive 18th Century portico used to form part of the left wing of Mickleton Manor House. Between 1887and1891 Sidney Graves Hamilton, had it moved stone by stone, using a specially constructed light railway that ran up the elm avenue, from the Manor House to the top of Glyde Hill where it was re-built as Kiftsgate Court.

    Kiftsgate is now famous for its garden which is open to the public.

  • Kiftsgate Court Gardens

    Photograph taken during a visit to the gardens by members of Mickleton Women's Institute.
  • Kiftsgate Court Gardens

    Photograph taken on a visit to the gardens by members of Mickleton Women's Institute.
  • Manor House

    View of the 18th Century wing built by Walwyn Graves (1744-1813). Between 1887and1891 his descendent, Sidney Graves Hamilton, had this demolished and moved, using a specially constructed light railway that ran up the elm avenue, to a site at the top of Glyde Hill where it was re-built as Kiftsgate Court. 

  • Mr & Mrs Harry Wright's Golden Wedding.

    Newspaper cutting from The Evesham Journal.
  • Portico on the 18th Century wing of the Manor…

    The 18th Century wing built by Walwyn Graves (1744-1813). Between 1887and1891 his descendent, Sidney Graves Hamilton, had this demolished and moved, using a specially constructed light railway that ran up the elm avenue, to a site at the top of Glyde Hill where it was re-built as Kiftsgate Court.

    The people in this photograph are Sir John and Lady Elizabeth Maxwell Steel Graves (on the balcony) and their daughter, Lady Frances (with parasol).

  • View from Kiftsgate Court Gardens

    Kiftsgate is situated at the top of Glyde Hill
Popular keywords
View all

Strict Standards: Declaration of Extra_Thumbnails_Image::createImage() should be compatible with Omeka_File_Derivative_Image::createImage($old_path, $constraint, $type = NULL) in /home/catmickl/public_html/plugins/ExtraThumbnails/Extra_Thumbnails_Image.php on line 105