Skip to content
You are viewing our archive | Visit our website

Tags: "Medford House"

The following items in the Mickleton Community Archive have been tagged with your chosen keyword.

  • Bank House

    Bank House, High Street opposite Mickleton Post Office and next door to The Kings Arms Inn and Medford House.
  • Bank House - a history

    High St, S side, between King's Arms and Medford House.

    May 1975 camera facing SE

    Date not known.  LHS looks as though added later.  Modern addition at back in brick. Main house rubble.  Gabled roof, tiled.  One dormer wholly in roof space, with barge boards.  2s.  Windows - RHS 3-light stone mullions, LHS modern bay on ground floor, 4-light with one side-hung casement first floor.  Fire mark (District) on front wall.  Stable and loft at RHS brick and weatherboarding with tiled roof.

    Some of the additions look as though they were made during the 1930's when the house was owned by A C Beck who made the brick-built addition to Medford House.

  • Church Lane

    Church lane with the Manor on the left, the wall of Medford House on the right and April Cottage [white cottage] on the right.
  • Church Lane corner with High Street, outside…

    May 1975, camera facing E.

    This photograph was taken simply to show the curved boundary wall of Medford House and the glimpse of the Manor at the end of Church Lane, a view we hope will not be sacrificed to the needs of heavy lorry traffic on this dangerous bend in the road.

  • Event at Medford House

    An unspecified event taking place in the garden of Medford House. Date not known.
  • Front of Medford House

    Medford House stands on the High Street at the Junction with Church Lane.
  • Greetings from Mickleton

    Postcard showing five views of Mickleton named as Medford House, High Street, Three Ways Hotel, Old World Cottages and St Lawrence.  The card was never sent but written on the reverse is "June 11th 1957. Visited with Brewood Bell-ringers".
  • King's Arms - garden wall

    Behind King's Arms, adjoining Bank House.

    May 1975, camera facing E.

    Wall plaque put in by A C Beck when he lived at Medford House in the 1030's.  He is said to have bought Bank House as well and to have fenced off a small piece of ground behind it, made an opening in the dividing wall and taken over the rest of Bank House garden with his own.  The fence was removed and the garden reverted to Bank House after the end of the War.

  • Land Girls' Reunion at Medford House, date…

    Standing, from L-R: ?, ?, Rose Read, Betty West, Betty Fincham, ?, ?, Rene Simmons

    Seated, L-R: Mrs Hayward, Joan?, Mary West, Mildred West (she was born at Tadpole Cottage), Nancy Hands

  • Looking SW up High Street

    May 1975, camera facing SW.

    Another photograph which shows the importance of trees to the appearance of the village.  On the right is Medford Cottage, now rendered and painted and much altered.

    Here again are the pole with wires and the sewage vent pipe, strategically placed this time one at each end of the wall of Medford House which, surely, of all the houses in the district needs no such embellishment!

  • Medford House

    Medford House housed a doctor's surgery for a short time when Doctor Vandermin lived there.
Popular keywords
View all

Strict Standards: Declaration of Extra_Thumbnails_Image::createImage() should be compatible with Omeka_File_Derivative_Image::createImage($old_path, $constraint, $type = NULL) in /home/catmickl/public_html/plugins/ExtraThumbnails/Extra_Thumbnails_Image.php on line 105