Skip to content
You are viewing our archive | Visit our website

Tags: "Mill Lane"

The following items in the Mickleton Community Archive have been tagged with your chosen keyword.

  • Chelsea House - a history

    W side of Chapel Lane, opposite Mill Bank.

    Camera facing NW.

    Rubble to top of ground floor windows (at this level there is an exposed beam in the RHS and wall).  Upper store rendered.  Slate roof.  It can be seen inside that the roof has been raised and appearance from Mill Bank certainly suggests that it was once single storey, one or more cottages, probably thatched.  2s.  2- 3- and 4-light mullions on ground floor.  Upper windows modern.

    There is a cottage in the garden which used to be a baker's where some Sunday dinners were taken to be cooked.

  • Children Watching North Cotswold Hunt 1936

    There were many children among the villagers who gathered opposite the King's Arms to see the North Cotswold Hunt set off from Mickleton in 1936.
  • Club Day parade

    An old postcard showing the parade in Mill Lane. On the reverse has been written: Cirencester Club Parade. Campden Band. Church Service. (Lent by Mrs Bennett)
  • Club Day Parade in Mill Lane

    Information written on the back of the card by the original owner, Mrs Florence Bennett, states that this was the Cirencester Club Parade and the band was from neighbouring town of [Chipping] Campden.
  • Elder Cottage

    Elder Cottage to the rear of Elder Villa, Mill Bank [now Mill Lane]
  • Elder Villa

    Elder Villa stands on the corner of High Street and Mill Bank.
  • Elder Villa

    Elder Villa is in the High Street, on the corner of Mill Lane and opposite the car park of the King's Arms.
  • Greyrick House

    W side of Mill Bank, through to Hobb's Alley.

    Camera facing SE.

    View across land now used for market gardening, enclosed between Mill Bank and Hobb's Alley - when Mr Wyatt farmed the land in the early years of this century he had a right to drive his sheep through here and out into Gloucester Lane (Mr Lewis Kinchin, June 1975).  Looking across at the back of the house and the unbroken line of farm buildings which adjoins, first a brick barn with dormers, then a stone barn said to have been a malthouse years ago - a singularly pleasant view in the centre of the village which we hope will remain.

  • Greyrick House - a history

    On the W side of Mill Bank which runs from High Street to Chapel Lane.

    Camera facing NW

    Listed: 3/14 II C17  Rubble.  Cotswold stone roof.  1 and 2s.  Gables and dormers.  3- and 4- light stone mullion ws with dripmoulds.

    Since the List was compiled, the later part of this house has been tiled, only the older roof still has Cotswold stone.

  • Mill Bank, 1978

    Greyrick Cottage and Greyrick House on the left hand side.
Popular keywords
View all

Strict Standards: Declaration of Extra_Thumbnails_Image::createImage() should be compatible with Omeka_File_Derivative_Image::createImage($old_path, $constraint, $type = NULL) in /home/catmickl/public_html/plugins/ExtraThumbnails/Extra_Thumbnails_Image.php on line 105