Skip to content
You are viewing our archive | Visit our website

Tags: "Webb"

The following items in the Mickleton Community Archive have been tagged with your chosen keyword.

  • Bus Shelter - a history

    At the junction of High Street and Chapel Lane, against wall of Three Ways Hotel.

    Camera facing N.

    Built November 1950 - January 1951.  Stone walls.  Hipped roof, Cotswold stone under stone ridge.  Open front under oak lintel.  Inside is a wooden seat round three sides.

    Architect: Pemberton and Bateman, Chipping Campden.

    Builder: Geo Brotheridge and Co Ltd, Chipping Campden.

    Given to the village by Mr Joseph Webb in memory of his father.  A well designed, well built shelter.  Originally proposed site on Three Ways triangle refused by the police and the surveyor as it would 'obscure the view'.  Unobtrusively sited against stone wall.

  • Chapel Outing to Malvern

    Mr Webb supplied one of his lorries as transport. Date unknown.
  • Club Day or Sunday School event

    The man, second from left, identified as Mr Joseph Webb.
  • Fancy Dress Float at Silver Jubilee Celebrations

    The people on this float worked for Webb's.
  • Granbrook Road [now Lane] Water Tank, 1991

    Part of the water management system installed by Joseph Webb for his market gardening business?
  • Harvest Supper, 1950s

    Named from left to right are: ?, ?, Joseph Webb, Rev. John Dodds, Mrs Dodds, ?, Dr Vandermin, Mrs Vandermin, ?, Rev. Eric Hammond on the extreme right.
  • Inside one of Webb's greenhouses

    Are these lettuce ot tomato plants?
  • Marian Franklin in Webb's Orchard on…

    The orchard was on land opposite the old council houses on Granbrook Lane where, later, new houses and then Meon Road, were built. The footpath that Marian is standing on led through to Canada Lane and up to Beggar's Barn where the Franklin family farmed.
  • Memorial window, St Lawrence's Church

    North facing memorial window in the chancel. The stained glass depicts the Epiphany and is a memorial to William Thomas Freeman of Hidcote Capt. of 4th Reg. of Foot. Born 16th March 1840 died 4th December 1882.Dedicated in his memory by his wife Mary Webb Freeman.
  • Methodist Hall - a history

    S side of Chapel Lane, between Mill Bank and Three Ways corner.

    Camera facing SE.

    Small meeting hall.  C 1913.  One room with stage at S end; small kitchen opening behind stage.  Brick. Roof tiled. Barge board.

    1 s[torey] Modern windows, 3 double and 1 single in each side wall.  Small tiled porch.

    Built by Mr Joseph Webb Snr, as Band of Hope Hall when the movement was supported by both Church and Chapel and the Vestry became too small for combined membership.  On the site of a thatched cottage where the Nurse used to live, (illustrated in Plate 2 in 'Story of our Village, Mickleton Women's Institute, 1961'.  Mr Lewis Kinchin remembers being called out of school with others to pull on the rope attached to the ridge when the cottage was, literally, pulled down.

  • Mickleton School Staff, 1992

    From L-R:

    Front row: Mrs E. Shewan (teacher), Mrs S. Cole (teacher), Mr J. Reay (Headteacher), Mrs E. Webb, Mrs C. Thomas

    Back row: Mrs A. Clifford, Mrs R. Simmons, Mrs C. Hughes, Mrs C. March, Mrs F. Jeffrey

  • Mr & Mrs Harry Wright's Golden Wedding.

    Newspaper cutting from The Evesham Journal.
  • Mrs E. Swift and her class, 1957

    From L-R:

    Back Row: ?, ?, ?, Mrs Swift, ?, Daphne Webb, Joyce Bingham

    Row 2: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Judith Bell

    Row 3: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Roger Franklin, ?

    Front row: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Brian Wilson

Popular keywords
View all

Strict Standards: Declaration of Extra_Thumbnails_Image::createImage() should be compatible with Omeka_File_Derivative_Image::createImage($old_path, $constraint, $type = NULL) in /home/catmickl/public_html/plugins/ExtraThumbnails/Extra_Thumbnails_Image.php on line 105