Skip to content
You are viewing our archive | Visit our website

Tags: "occupations"

The following items in the Mickleton Community Archive have been tagged with your chosen keyword.

  • School class - girls

    Class photograph - all girls with two teachers (names unknown); one male, one female
  • Alveston House - a history

    N side of High Street, next to Mickleton Garage, camera facing W.

    West side wall and front wall of stone, all other walls brick.  Cotswold stone roof, 2s. Bay windows downstairs, sash windows upstairs, centre window blocked with stone. Extensive outbuildings at back.

    In 1890's Wm Lissaman Jnr had a 'steam joinery and moulding mills' there. (He was employed to finish the building of Kiftsgate Court. See Story of Our Village, Mickleton Women's Institute, 1961, p18.) It seems likely that extensive alterations were carried out by him on this house which appears to have been a small farmhouse with land, or orchard, around it well before his time.

  • An Old Wooden Panel

    This panel had formed part of the original fireplace in the Broadway home of Mr Peter Renfrew which had been built by a William Lissaman. The panel had been stored in a garage since the 1930s. On it, written in pencil, was: Made by C.E.Leech, Mickleton Nov. 14th 1908.  Research has found that Charles Edward Leech was a carpenter and had married a member of the Grinnall family. For further information, follow this link: http://www.mickletoncommunityarchive.org.uk/page/just_an_old_piece_of_wood?path=0p3p
  • Back from market

    Arthur Kinchin , market gardener, back from market in Birmingham/Bristol.
  • Bells at the King's Arms

    This photograph of David and Marguerite Bell was taken in 1989. David's father, George, was landlord from 1948 until 1976 when David took over. He and Marguerite left in 1992.
  • Bells on the Church steps, 1954

    In 1954 the bells were sent to John Taylors's bell foundry at Loughborough, Leicestershire for re-tuning and re-hanging on ball bearings in a partly new frame. They were removed after Easter and were re-dedicated by the Bishop of Gloucester at the Harvest Thanksgiving service on 15th October. The work cost about £1000 and was raised by means of collection, fetes and a harvest supper.
  • Butcher's Shop - a history

    Corner of High Street, W side, and Back Lane.

    Camera facing W.

    Formerly the Blacksmith's forge, this part of the building was thatched (old photograph), while the adjoining cottage had a slate roof.  The present window was the open front to the smithy.

     

  • Chelsea House - a history

    W side of Chapel Lane, opposite Mill Bank.

    Camera facing NW.

    Rubble to top of ground floor windows (at this level there is an exposed beam in the RHS and wall).  Upper store rendered.  Slate roof.  It can be seen inside that the roof has been raised and appearance from Mill Bank certainly suggests that it was once single storey, one or more cottages, probably thatched.  2s.  2- 3- and 4-light mullions on ground floor.  Upper windows modern.

    There is a cottage in the garden which used to be a baker's where some Sunday dinners were taken to be cooked.

  • Church Fete, 1955

    Second from right is the Vicar, Rev. Eric Hammond.
  • Church Sundial, 1990

    Photograph taken during the sundial's restoration.

  • Church Sundial, 1990

    Photograph taken during the sundial's restoration
  • Class 2 School Group Photograph, 1987

    Teacher: Elaine Shewan

    Pupils - from L-R:

    Holding board: Michelle Grinnall

    Front row: Katie Maull, Louisa Keitley, Elizabeth Mackenzie, Melanie Wasley, Julie Kinchin, Melanie Fincham

    Middle row: Sarah Bellew, Stephen Titmus, Adam Trainor, Adam Hingley, James Righton, Kate Righton

    Back row: James Grinnall, Samuel Jones, Simon Nicholas, Duncan Hopkins, Oliver Hartshorn

  • Class 2 School Group Photograph, 1988

    Teacher: Elaine Shewan

    Pupils - from L-R:

    Front row: Kim Butson, Alexandra Garton, Zoe Griffin, Melanie Fincham, Katie Maull, Claire Coldicott

    Middle row: James Grinnall, Simon Brain, James Westerlund, Paul Guyver, Philip Titmus, Oliver Hartsorn

    Back row: Daniel Strangwood, Adam Bridges, James Righton, Simon Nicholas, Jason Moss, John Mackenzie, Timothy Pearce

  • Class 2 School Group Photograph, 1989

    Teacher: Elaine Shewan

    Pupils - from L-R:

    Front row: Kerri Agar, Camilla Bird, Claire Coldicott, Lucille Courtney, Hayley Vickers, Kim Butson, Ana-Maria Seijas, Hayley Strangwood

    Middle row: Michael Cox, Thomas Knight, Luke Gibbard, Claire Turner, Zoe Eve, Brett Butterworth, Nicholas Ford, Paul Bellew

    Back row: Wesley Maull, David Mooney, Marc Stephens, Justin Wasley, James Westerlund, Philip Titmus, James Neale

Popular keywords
View all

Strict Standards: Declaration of Extra_Thumbnails_Image::createImage() should be compatible with Omeka_File_Derivative_Image::createImage($old_path, $constraint, $type = NULL) in /home/catmickl/public_html/plugins/ExtraThumbnails/Extra_Thumbnails_Image.php on line 105